It is quite a pricey affair but with the combination of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers and a free kids voucher from the movie box, we only had to pay for one ticket and also parking. It makes me so cross that you pay for parking at theme parks as well. But that's for another day. For the first time ever I did no research about the theme park so literally had no clue what it was going to be like. And you know what? It was ruddy amazing!
Firstly like most theme parks is it split into different 'lands'. We first visited the Pirate ride area and it quickly became clear non of the rides there were suitable for my boy who is 20 months. I then started to panic (by panic I mean shout at my husband like it was his fault). We took a look at the map and headed over to the DUPLO area and the day picked up.
We were super lucky as the day was very, very quiet due to it being term time so we never queued once and went on pretty much every ride we could do with the two little ones. Our favourite rides by far were the boat trip round the fairy tale Lego characters and also I am OBSESSED with the sea life centre submarine ride which nearly made me weep it was so good. You basically sit in a little submarine and go under the 'sea'. All around the windows are actual real sharks and fish and other under the water creatures. It's really beautiful.
We also loved the Pirate live show, so much we watched it twice! There was singing and dancing and we loved eating our tea watching the excitement unfold. The highlight of the day has to be the waterpark in DUPLO Land. Opposite a pretty amazing adventure playground, the water park is just brilliant. I was considering not letting them go in the water as it was a bit cold but they were desperate and you know what? They had the time of the lives! See this picture of my girl for proof!
In the past few months we have visited many days out from farms to Cbeebies Land and I have to say this so far is one of my favourite family days out. There was no mum miserably standing holding the bags whilst the girl and Daddy went on the rides, we could all enjoy lots of the attractions and generally have loads of fun. I think there would be more then enough fun to fill two days. Here are a few little tips! For further information check out their website.
- After 3pm children eat free in a few of the restaurants so we got some food and sat and watched the pirate show. Was brilliant.
- The hotel on site looks amazing but is very pricey. We stayed in a Travelodge nearby which was cheaper and spent the afternoon before looking round Windsor, which was brilliant.
- There is quite a lot of walking around the park as it is very big so ensure you take your buggy, and buggy board if needs be. There is a train though that goes up and down the hill.
- Keep your eyes out for characters milling around. My girls head nearly exploded when she saw Emmet!
- If you are planning on buying presents I wouldn't leave it till the very end of the day like we did. Maybe go during a quiet period or even pre buy a few Lego toys as they are quite expensive there.
- Download the app and it gives you special offers and tips for the day.
If you want to see all the exciting things we got up to then please
take a little look at our days out vlog!